- 4 cups uncooked brown rice
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 jalapeno diced, opt.
- 1 TBSP chili powder
- 1 can fire-roasted) diced tomatoes
- 2/3lb ground turkey
- 1 can / 1/2 baggie cooked black beans
- 1 (they say 2) can(s) tomato sauce
- 2 16oz cans diced/crushed pineapple
- 3/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/3 CUP cilantro and/or green onions freshly chopped
- red pepper flakes, opt.
Notes: Also good with red beans (bad with kidney); still good if you use only herbs, sauce, beans, pineapples, and rice.
- Cook rice in crockpot. Will make extra
- In a large pot combine everything but meat
- Cook meat and then add to everything else
- Serve chili warm over cooked rice